Originally, Roseville was established as Rose Township in 1850 (named after Issac Rose, one of the first settlers in Roseville). Until the 1930’s, Rose Township was predominantly farms and nurseries. By 1948, township government was inadequate and Roseville was incorporated as a village in May of 1948.
Today, Roseville is a thriving community with a population of 36,000 known as the retail and commercial hub of the northeast suburban area of Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Rosedale Center, is one of the strongest super regional shopping centers in the market. Roseville is the only community to the north to border Minneapolis and St. Paul. City of Roseville
Homes for sale in Roseville, MN
Contact us with questions or comments!
If you have any questions or would like to set up a showing or would like to know what your house could sell for, feel comfortable to let us know and we will be in touch with you!
Fun facts about Roseville, Minnesota
- The very first Target store opened in Roseville in 1962. it was later demolished and rebuilt as a Super Target in 2005
- The Guidant John Rose MN OVAL is one of the world’s largest refrigerated sheets of ice and is located in Roseville
- The First McDonald’s in Minnesota opened in Roseville in 1957
- There are more than 11 colleges within ten miles of Rosedale Center, representing over 100,000 students
- Roseville is located on the 45th parallel of latitude on the intersection of Cleveland Avenue and Roselawn Avenue